The body is intricately connected. If you lower cholesterol, you gain benefits throughout your body. One of the benefits of lowering cholesterol can be weight loss, and weight loss can make you look younger in many cases. You need to know, most importantly, what foods to eat to lower cholesterol! This will ultimately make you look amazingly younger!
How food can change cholesterol levels
Doctors are quick to prescribe medications to lower cholesterol, sometimes completely ignoring natural, effective remedies such as a change in diet. There are foods you should avoid if you are trying to lower your cholesterol, and there are foods you should eat more of. This change in diet needs to be coupled with any medication prescribed by your health care practitioner, but the goal is to naturally control the cholesterol so you don’t need medications.
Supplementation is also recommended to lower cholesterol. There are new studies and breakthroughs in the science of cholesterol control, and I will share it with you below.
Always discuss any changes in your diet with your doctor as well! With your food choices, you have to realize that every food you put in your mouth is either medicine, nourishing your cells and feeding your body’s intricate needs, or it is poison, wreaking havoc, causing inflammation, and shutting down your youthful glow, the bounce in your step, and your sharpness and memory! What do you choose?
Your doctor may feel you need the immediate results of certain medications, and I always recommend working with your doctor whenever you make any life changing alterations, but you should be trying to get to a point in your life where your lifestyle choices eliminate the need for any medications at all! Healthy, nourishing food along with vitamin and mineral supplements, will become your new medicine!
Good cholesterol vs. bad cholesterol
You may have thought that all cholesterol is bad, but the truth is that you need cholesterol, the good kind, anyway. The good cholesterol is HDL (high-density lipoprotein) and the bad cholesterol is LDL (low-density lipoprotein). LDL is the nasty stuff that builds on the walls of your arteries and causes you all kinds of problems. HDL cholesterol then goes around after the bad cholesterol and removes it, reducing your risk of heart attack!
So how do you get less bad cholesterol and more good cholesterol? It all begins with what you put in your mouth!
How does low HGH levels affect cholesterol?
There are several articles on this website that discuss your HGH levels and the benefits of boosting HGH levels. One of the reactions in the body to lower HGH levels is an increase in the bad cholesterol, and a drop in the good cholesterol. Here’s a little known secret:.
Foods to avoid to lower cholesterol
The first thing that comes to mind whenever we discuss cholesterol is meat. Many people have concerns about not being able to eat meat when they are trying to control their bad LDL cholesterol. When I am talking about limiting meat consumption, I mean beef, pork and poultry. The great news is that eating fish such as salmon, sardines, tuna, mackerel and herring can actually help you in your battle to lower cholesterol. If you enjoy those delicacies, enjoy them at least 3 times weekly for maximum health benefits.
Meat, such as beef, pork and poultry, should be limited. Discuss what a proper amount would be with your doctor, but you can get your protein from sources like peas, nuts, seeds, and beans. Meat is not, by far, the only source of protein! Remember, I always talk about baby steps. If you can try to slowly implement meals into your diet that incorporate other kinds of proteins besides meats, you will be one step closer to the new healthier you!
Another culprit, if you will, would be vegetable oils. This is one of the easiest changes to make that will give you the biggest bang. Replace your vegetable or corn oil with olive oil or grape seed oil. Always limit the amount of any oil, but these would be the healthiest option to use if you want to lower cholesterol.
Foods to eat to lower cholesterol
We already discussed the benefits of eating salmon, mackerel, sardines, tuna fish, etc., so what else can we eat to help lower our cholesterol. Oh, that’s right, the HDL (good cholesterol) eats the LDL (bad cholesterol) so let’s get more HDL, shall we?
OLIVES and OLIVE OIL
Grab a jar and much a few! Delicious juicy olives are going to bring down that LDL so eat up! Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for your cooking and for your salad dressings! Pop a few in your next salad! Make a glass of fizzing water with a skewer of green olives! Use your imagination! Remember, baby steps! That’s an easy one to add to your repertoire!
BEANS AND LEGUMES – ALL TYPES
Think about all the ways you can eat beans. Bake up some navy beans. Make a batch of healthy pea soup or split pea soup. Add kidney beans to your salad or burrito! I could write a whole article (and perhaps I will, actually) on bean recipes! These delicious little gems are absolutely loaded with soluble fiber! That means they lower that cholesterol!
Believe it or not, the fattiest of the fish wins when it comes to lowering that bad cholesterol! Why? That happens because the good cholesterol HDL provided by these fatty fish actually carry out the bad LDL through the blood and out to the liver where it flushes it away! Amazing!
So eat plenty of salmon, mackerel, and solid white tuna! These powerhouses are going to give you a punch of protein, as well as facilitating the lowering of your bad cholesterol level! Look for future articles where I will feature tried and true delicious recipes incorporating ingredients like these!
AVOCADOS & OTHER FRUITS & VEGGIES
Here we are again with those good fats! Those amazing Omega-3 fatty acids. Lower lower lower that cholesterol by eating amazing avocados. Eat a wide variety of fruits and veggies for a fiber-rich diet! I cannot stress enough the importance of eating fruits and vegetables, and with all the recipes out there, you are sure to hit on a few that you find delicious! Experiment!
LESS RED MEAT AND PORK
Some of you may not eat meat at all, or some may just eat fish and chicken, but for those who enjoy juicy steaks and sizzling bacon, this is for you! If you are serious about lowering your cholesterol, you need to focus your meat consumption on fish first, chicken second, and then occasionally beef or pork. Occasionally. You don’t want to limit your diet so much that you stop doing it. You want it to be comfortable.
Nuts are amazing, and I’m sure out of all of the delicious varieties, you like at least one or two of them. Peanuts are the only nuts to avoid. They are not healthy in the way they are grown and manufactured and should only be consumed as an occasional treat.
Grab walnuts, almonds, or cashews and enjoy!
Supplement your diet with sterols and stanols
Have you ever heard of plant sterols and stanols. Plant sterols and stanols are found in very little amounts in some of our foods like fruits and vegetables. . Since they have powerful cholesterol-lowering properties, manufacturers have started adding them to foods which great success!
The foods that naturally supply the sterols and stanols are foods I do not recommend you consume in large quantities. These foods are ones that should be in the “occasional treat” category. They include wheat bran and germ, oils like corn and vegetable, and peanuts. No, peanuts are not good for you and should be avoided, and so should wheat. You can read about the foods to avoid for better overall health in another article on this website.. For now, I would like to review with you two products I recommend in order to get those very valuable sterols and stanols in your diet.
Remember, if you continue to experience high cholesterol, be sure to consult with your health care professional.
Here are the two products I recommend made by Piper Biosciences. The description of each is below the pictures.
- Piper Biosciences’ Cholesterol Wellness Kits include a 30 day supply of gummies containing plant sterols. Plant sterols have been clinically proven to reduce cholesterol in over 100 scientific studies.
- Plant sterols are naturally present in foods like nuts, avocado and olive oil. According to United States FDA, diets that include plant sterols can lower blood cholesterol which may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Plant sterols are a great choice for people who are not yet candidates for medication or who hope to avoid prescription medications and their side effects.
Nature Made CholestOff Original
About the product
- Products containing at least 400 mg per serving of plant sterols and stanols, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily intake of at least 800 mg as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. One serving of Nature Made CholestOff Original supplies 900 mg of plant sterols and stanols for a daily intake of 1800 mg.
- Reducol is a trademark of Pharmachem Laboratories Inc.
- Color Derived from Natural Sources – No Synthetic Dyes
- No Artificial Flavors
- No Preservatives
Piper Biosciences Cholesterol Wellness Kit – Cholesterol Lowering Plant Sterols
About the product
- Contains plant sterols, clinically proven to reduce cholesterol, surpassing FDA dose requirements*
- Plant sterols are drug free and physician recommended for high cholesterol
- Contains 180 gummies (30 packages, each containing 6 gummies) in 3 great tasting flavors (orange, strawberry and raspberry)
- Vegetarian (no gelatin), no artificial flavors or preservatives
- Made in the USA with quality testing data available for each box
- The Piper Cholesterol Wellness Kit was designed by a professor from a top US medical school with the support of renowned preventive cardiologists. Our wellness program was designed in line with the recommendations of leading medical societies including the National Lipid Association (USA) and the European Atherosclerosis Society (Europe).
- Each box contains thirty daily packages of fruit flavored gummies containing plant sterols. The dosage of each daily pack exceeds the FDA dose requirements for plant sterols.
- The package provides medical tips that will help put you on the path to better cholesterol health.
- The Clinical Strength Cholesterol Wellness Kit contains 30 pouches, each containing 6 gummies, providing 1400 mg of plant sterols per day.
- Our product is available without a prescription, but we recommend checking with your physician before using this product if you are currently using medications to lower your cholesterol
BEFORE YOU BUY PLEASE NOTE:
- I only recommend products I wholly believe in, and I always recommend you consult your physician before any dietary changes, including supplements.
- Please be aware that any products I sell on this page are through an affiliate agreement with Amazon.com, and I receive a commission from all sales. This agreement in no way affects the price of these products for you. The product picture links will bring you to the Amazon.com website where you can buy these or any other product there for exactly the same price as everyone else.
- I want you to know that I appreciate your support to help fund the research, time and energy that goes into providing you with excellent information on your health and beauty!!
When you make changes in the way you eat, healthy choices, when you increase your activity levels, and your nutrient intake, you take control of your health, and you will notice a boost in energy levels and a sparkle in your eye as your body recovers and renews. Congratulations, you’re on your way!
Take control of your health and follow these proven steps. Remember to always consult with your healthcare provider with any and all health concerns. I welcome you to subscribe to this website. This will provide you with notification whenever a new post is created.
Comments are always welcome
Please feel free to comment on this or any of my articles. I welcome your comments and questions, and I do try to respond in a timely fashion. Please note that if you purchase any of the products I recommend on this website, you help to support the research and development that goes into producing this website. I always negotiate great deals for my readers! Thank you for your support!